At Hamilton Veterinary Hospital, we are known for serving our patients and clients with compassion, empathy and integrity. We are always looking for dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who are eager to help us continue providing the best care and service to our patients and clients.
If you believe your values match those of our practice and you would like to be part of an outstanding team, we would like to hear from you. For inquiries regarding employment at Hamilton Veterinary Hospital, please contact:
Veterinary Technician and Veterinary Assistant
Client Care Specialist (CCS) Job Description
Hamilton Veterinary Hospital
Immediate Full Time Position Available
Job Title: Client Care Specialist (CCS)
Position: Opening for full time position
Date; Nov 01,2021
Overall Job Responsibilities:
The Client Care Specialist is the customer-relations experts in a veterinary practice. They are the clients’ first impression of the practice, on the phone or in person.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities can vary based on the different needs of the clinic and include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting Clients: Cordially greet arriving clients and patients, and address each by name
- Client Communication and Relationships: Must treat clients and patients in a friendly and compassionate demeanor while respecting and maintaining professional boundaries.
- Scheduling Appointments: Schedule appointments for exams, rechecks, surgeries, euthanasia’s and medical procedures based on clinic protocol.
- Processing Payments: Be able to advise clients on payment methods we accept (all credit cards, cash, checks, Care Credit) and how to process those payments.
- Differentiate Cases: Must be able to differentiate routine cases from emergency cases and how to direct clients/patients in these circumstances
- Computer Software knowledge: Develop proficiency in Avimark and Microsoft applications.
- Medical Records Management: Employee must understand that record keeping is vital to proper patient care and ensures all notations are being entered into the medical record. Accurately enter client, patient, and financial date into computer system.
- Comply with hospital standards, rules, regulations, and policies.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Develop an understanding of basic veterinary topics including vaccinations, basic lab tests, common diseases, parasite prevention and treatment as well as common pet behaviour.
- Attendance of all scheduled staff meetings and employee evaluations.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent telephone and in-person communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal form
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Outstanding sense of customer service
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Ability to work as team
- Excellent organizational skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Affinity for animals
- Ability to stand for large portions of the day
- Must demonstrate consistent attendance and punctuality
- Some veterinary medical background will help
- Will discuss at time of interview
Please send your resume’ to HamiltonVH@yourvetdoc.com Attention Jim Harper HM
Management can modify this job description at their discretion.